We hope you had a great time this year in the Florida Keys for the Florida Lobster Mini-Season! If you haven’t served all your catches yet, try making a Florida lobster roll. Don’t forget to invite friends and family over for dinner if you have enough shrimp and lobster to share!
The recipe creates about 4 large Florida lobster rolls. If you have any questions, reference this video provided by Florida Lobstering.
How-to Video: click here.
What are your favorite ways to prepare Florida lobster? Share them with us on our EdgeWater Boats Facebook page!
Preparing the Florida Lobster: Prepare and cook the tails of the Florida lobster in an oven, or on the grill with butter and garlic. You will know the lobster is fully cooked if the its meat is white, and the shells are a red color.
Ingredients for Lobster Roll Salad:
- 4 Cuban or French rolls, toast with butter
- 6 Florida Lobster tails, cook fully
- ¾ Cup, and chopped of the following: Cilantro, Scallions, Celery
- ½ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tbs Mayo
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice, fresh or from concentrate
Use salt and pepper to taste
Once the lobster is fully cooked, remove its meat from shell and chop into bite-size pieces
- Finely chop celery, cilantro, and scallions. Pour into mixing bowl and add fresh lemon juice, greek yogurt, and mayo. Mix well. More greek yogurt can be added to reach desired consistency.
- After you have mixed everything thoroughly, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve on freshly toasted rolls